Last updated: March 17, 2022
1. Personal Information We Collect Through the Platform
Symbia Logistics is a technology and data company that, through the Platform or offline interactions, provides you with educational videos and training materials on how to use and harness certain technology as applied to data. The types of Personal Information that we may collect for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice are described in this section and include Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us, Personal Information that we collect automatically when you use Services, and Personal Information that we collect from other sources. This section describes the types of information we collect through our Services and how we use it.
Personal Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us through the Platform and use such Personal Information for purposes relating to the reasons you provided it to us and to help us improve our Services. For example, we collect information such as:
- Personally identifiable contact information such as your name, email, phone number, or other information you submit when communicating with us, such as the “contact us” sections of our Services;
- Personalized quote information, such as name, email address, company name, company website, phone number, business to business order volume, order fulfillment preferences, order fulfillment, number of SKU’s, product size, preferred fulfillment center location, number of pallets of product stored and other online identifiers;
- Account and profile information, such as your username and password to access password protected portions of our Platform; and
- Communications you send to us.
Personal Information We Receive from Third Parties
Your name, billing address, credit card type, last four digits of credit card, and expiration date of credit card.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Whenever you interact with the Platform, we automatically receive and record information from your browser or device. Information collected automatically may include your IP address, device ID, the type of browser you are using to access the Platform, and the identity of the Platform page or feature you are requesting. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Platform, and gather broad demographic data for aggregate use.
- We may use “cookies” or other tracking technologies (e.g., web beacons, single-pixel, or clear GIFs) to track how you use the Platform for analytics and security purposes. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your device or to store information or settings on your device. You may adjust your web browser software if you do not wish to receive cookies or web beacons, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the Platform’s features. Please refer to your browser instructions or help pages to learn more about these functions. To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services such as Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ Platforms or apps.”
- Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our Platform does not currently interpret, respond to or alter their practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
2. When Personal Information is Collected
You may be required to provide us with certain information that may constitute Personal Information in the following ways:
- Contact Information
- Member Login Information
- Payment Information
- Information Collected Through Various Forms
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including: (i) through use of our Platform, e.g., when you sign up for a newsletter or make a purchase; (ii) offline, such as when you attend one of our conventions or events; or (iii) from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and from other third parties.
- Personal Information You Disclose Relating to Others
3. The Purposes for Which We Use Personal Information
- to provide, analyze, administer, and improve our Platform and Services;
- to contact you in connection with our Services and certain services, notifications, events, programs or offerings that you may have registered for;
- to send you updates and promotional materials that you have registered for;
- to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of our Platform and services that you are authorized to access;
- for recruiting and human resources administration purposes; and
- to protect our rights and/or our property and to ensure the technical functionality and security of our Platform.
4. How We Disclose Personal Information
- Our Service Providers
We may use third-party service providers to provide us with advertising, conversion tracking, or similar services. (Please note we do not operate or control these third-party sites, and there may be additional ways for you to opt out of online advertising.) When you opt-out using these links, please note that you may still receive advertisements. They just will not be personalized based on your interests.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisition Transactions
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of Symbia Logistics LLC or our assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through our Services, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts
We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person.
5. Protection of Your Personal Information & Data Retention
While we use commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with our Services, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. Your Personal Information may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to or from us.
We reserve the right to retain any Personal Information as long as the Personal Information are needed to:
- comply with applicable law.
We will take all reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all Personal Information which is no longer required for the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected.
6. Correcting, Updating, Accessing, or Removing Personal Information
Users of the Platforms may log into the Platform and correct or update certain Personal Information. In addition, you can request that we correct, update, or delete your Personal Information by emailing a request to us at hello@Symbia.com. We will promptly process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
7. Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
By providing us with your contact information (i.e., email address), you consent to us sending notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email or other electronic methods (“Communications”) to you. Such Communications may include information regarding our Services, marketing or promotional materials, or other information. You may choose to stop receiving Communications by clicking on the conspicuous “Unsubscribe” link or by following the unsubscribe instructions in any Communication you receive. Please note that certain service-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of our Services, and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
8. Third-Party Websites
The Platform may include or provide links to other websites that we do not control. Even if an affiliation exists between Symbia Logistics and third-party websites, each of these linked Platforms maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures, which we encourage you to consult.
9. Users from Outside the United States
Our Services are intended for residents of the United States. If you are using our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our Services, you consent to your information being transferred to and processed in the United States.
10. No Children
This Platform is not for use by children. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 whom you have reason to believe has provided his or her own Personal Information to us, you have the right to request the removal of that child’s Personal Information from our database. In order to request such removal, please send an email to hello@Symbia.com. You will be required to verify your identity as the child’s parent or legal guardian in order to have their Personal Information removed.